Outcomes & Impact
We Make A Difference – 2017- 2018 Outcomes, Impact & Highlights
* 14 years of positively impacting the lives of DC youth from underserved neighborhoods.
* 100% of graduates have graduated from high school or are on track to do so.
* For 11 years in a row, WILL’s retention rate has been between 67% and 79%, far exceeding the 50% considered excellent for youth development programs (we have never been below 50%).
* For 2017-2018, 88% of WILL youth reported that they learned something beneficial that they will use in their lives from the WILL programs in which they participated, and 96% said that they benefited a great deal from being in WILL.
* Based on the third party analysis of the Pre-and Post-WILL surveys completed by 2017-2018 WILL youth, they showed: significant increases in knowledge and understanding of nutrition, SMART goals, environmental awareness, financial literacy, accountability, and communication. WILL youth also demonstrated improved perceptions about themselves as a result of their WILL experience.
* WILL has been in the Catalogue for Philanthropy since 2012, as one of the best community-based nonprofits in the Greater Washington region (WILL was in the 2017-2018 print Catalogue).
The words of a few WILL 2018 youth provide the most compelling testament about WILL’s impact and what the WILL experience means to them:
“The word that I choose to describe my WILL experience is amazing. There is no other program that will teach you the things that we learned in WILL. It was amazing to see how I developed as a person and to see how other people changed during the WILL year. WILL taught me how to be an amazing leader, to have strong integrity, and to give to others and to contribute to society.” – Asael
“One word to describe my WILL experience is transformative. In WILL, I learned so much about myself, about leadership, about respect, and about dignity. I am a different person now than I was when the WILL year began.” – Sam
“My WILL experience was challenging. I learned to work hard and that if I push myself and do my best, I can achieve anything.” – Harmony