Outcomes & Impact
We Make A Difference – 2016- 2017 Outcomes, Impact & Highlights
* 14 years of positively impacting the lives of DC youth from underserved neighborhoods.
* 100% of graduates have graduated from high school or are on track to do so.
* For 10 years in a row, WILL’s retention rate has been between 67% and 76%, far exceeding the 50% considered excellent for youth development programs (we have never been below 50%).
* For 2016-2017, 88% of WILL youth reported that they learned something from the WILL programs in which they participated, and 100% said that they benefited a great deal from being in WILL
* Based on the third party analysis of the Pre-and Post-WILL evaluation surveys completed by 2016-2017 WILL youth, they showed: significant increases in knowledge and understanding of self-empowerment, SMART goals, environmental awareness, financial literacy and nutrition, as well as positive knowledge acquisition in the areas of accountability, and the importance of good communication skills. WILL youth also universally demonstrated increases in positive attitudes and perceptions about themselves.
* In June 2017, WILL was elated and honored to be selected to be in the 2017-2018 Catalogue for Philanthropy, and to have been in the Catalogue since 2012, as one of the best community-based nonprofits in the Greater Washington region.
* June 3, 2017, Tiffani Ross was hired as WILL Program & Communications Manager.
The words of a few WILL 2016 youth provide the most compelling testament about WILL’s impact and what the WILL experience means to them:
“WILL is educational because every time we meet for a WILL day, we always learn something new that will help us in the future.” – Zean
“In WILL, I learned to be a leader, to recycle, and how to set SMART goals and action plans to achieve my goals so that I can and will be successful in my life.” – Sakai
“A word I would use to describe my WILL experience is unbelievable because of all the different opportunities WILL provides. I got to do things that I never thought I would do. Everything that I learned in WILL will help me reach my goals in life. In WILL I learned that you get out of life what you put into life, that we all have greatness in us, and that we can do whatever we put our minds to.” – Maritza