Outcomes & Impact
2015-2016 WILL OUTCOMES & IMPACT
* 12 years of positively impacting the lives of DC youth from underserved neighborhoods.
* 100% of graduates have graduated from high school or are on track to do so.
* For 9 years in a row, WILL’s retention rate has been between 67% and 76%, far exceeding the 50% considered excellent for youth development programs (we have never been below 50%).
* Based on the third party analysis of the Pre-and Post-WILL surveys completed by 2015-2016 WILL youth, they showed: significant increases in knowledge and understanding of financial literacy, SMART goals, environmental awareness, nutrition, and leadership and self-empowerment, as well as positive knowledge acquisition in the areas of accountability, cultural awareness and appreciation, and the importance of good communication skills. WILL youth also universally demonstrated increases in positive attitudes and perceptions about themselves.
* 100% said that they benefited a great deal from being in WILL.
* 90% of WILL youth reported that they learning something from the WILL programs in which they participated.
* Graduates had an 87% attendance rate at WILL programs.
The words of a few WILL 2016 youth provide the most compelling testament about WILL’s impact and what the WILL experience means to them:
“If I were you, I would join the WILL Program. It is really a great experience, you learn about yourself and get to do things you never thought you would or could do. WILL should be required for all high school students.” – Royerick
“Every day in WILL was empowering. Every activity taught me something new, and I felt better and stronger as a person than before.” – Carlos
“During the WILL financial literacy days, I learned how to make a budget and that there is a real difference between a need and a want, and that being financially responsible is living with dignity – I plan to do that.” – Anthony
“WILL taught me leadership, responsibility, courageousness, that I can attain my goals, and several life skills that will help me be successful in life.” – Kamaria