Outcomes & Impact
2011-2012 WILL OUTCOMES & IMPACT
* Nine years of positively impacting the lives of DC youth from underserved neighborhoods.
* 100% of graduates have graduated from high school or are on track to do so.
* Graduates had a 92% attendance rate and overall attendance rate of 86%.
* WILL participants demonstrated significant positive knowledge acquisition in nutrition and environmental awareness and stewardship.
* WILL participants reported significant positive knowledge acquisition in attitudes and perceptions about themselves, including:
willingness to take responsibility for their actions
willingness to try new and challenging things
willingness to listen to and work with others to solve problems
willingness to accept different points of view and
personal feelings of pride.
* 80% of WILL youth reported that they loved or liked the WILL activities in which they participated.
* 100% of WILL youth reported learning something new from each WILL activities.
* For the fifth year in a row, WILL’s retention rate was 68%, well over the 50% considered excellent for youth development programs.
* WILL students like September 2012 graduate Elsa provide the most compelling statement of WILL’s impact:
“WILL has made me a better person. It has opened my eyes to new things. WILL helped me expand my comfort zone. I did things I never thought I could do. I believe in myself more, I feel more confident and that I can do anything in life. SMART goals help me achieve my goals. WILL is the best experience ever.”